The J1939 protocol stack offers the complete functionality for integration of the SAE J1939 standard into your devices Versatile configuration options facilitate individual customization to a target product. Example codes facilitate the startup phase, enabling the user to focus on the implementation of their own application. The open CAN driver (CANpie) provides the flexibility to use any CAN controller available on the market.
The bridge function for the CANopen Slave protocol stack facilitates realization of devices with multi protocol capability. In addition, less development time is needed for the implementation of parameters as these are addressed by all protocols in the same way.
- Functionality according to SAE specification J1939
- Modular software structure with versatile configuration options
- Adjustment to target product without affecting the code structures
- Optimized for low resource requirements (ROM / RAM)
- Wide range of supported CAN controllers
- Standardized interface for the CAN driver (CANpie FD)
- Cyclic transmission and reception of J1939 messages
- Transport protocols (TP.DT and TP.BAM) for transmission of large data volumes
- Setting of node address via address claiming
- Supervision of timeouts for J1939 messages
- Bridge function for the CANopen Slave protocol stack
Scope of delivery
- J1939 protocol stack as C99 source code
- Ready-to-run examples for various demo boards
- Manual in English (electronic version – PDF)
- Site-related company licence without royalty fees
- 12 months technical support by email or telephone
Fair Partnership policy offers company licence and free support service
To complement the Microcontrol product portfolio, we also offer CANopen workshops, software tools as well as technical advice and support in the development of your CANopen device.
Protocol stack as C99 source code, example programs and documentation in English provided by download link
API for CAN implementation for the respective microcontroller
Manual V3.00 (englisch)
J1939 Protocol Stack
PDF [484 KB]
MicroControl Flyer Protocol stacks
PDF [715 KB]
+49 2241 – 25 65 9 – 0
Write an email or call us.