CANopen intensive workshop
With CANopen the user organization CAN in Automation (CiA) has created a protocol standard which has widely spread in embedded systems and mechanical engineering. CANopen specifications not only define various services for data exchange, they also specify standardized access to the systems via device profiles and application profiles.
Contents of the workshop
- CANopen communication profile (CiA 301)
- Access to object dictionary via SDO
- Communication of process data via SDO
- Monitoring of devices and network management (NMT)
- Electronic Data sheet (EDS and DCF)
- CANopen device profile (CiA 4xx)
- CANopen master and CANopen slave
- System design
- Analysis and trouble shooting
- Application examples
This workshop is based on the contents of our CAN basics workshop.